Saint Mary's Church

The church of St Mary's was considered the junior church in the village until the parishes were united after the collapse of All Saints' in about 1699

The traditional looking round tower was erected during the Victorian restoration of the church. Prior to this the bells were accomodated in a wooden belfry tower.

There has been confusion in the past as to the identity of this church, see "A Tale of Two Churches"


The graveyard of St Mary's church is open at all times. Limited car parking is possible next to the church on Castle Close. The parking area also serves Weeting Castle.