May 2001

The group has been fortunate in obtaining a lottery grant to enable the manuscript of "The History of Weeting"by the Rev F V Luke 1852, to be microfilmed and copied. We now have a paper copy that is in the process of being transcribed into modern English. It is hoped that eventually it will be published complete with its delightful watercolours and black and white drawings. We are holding various events to fund the publication.

On the 31st March a champagne reception was held in the Old School House for the villagers who own old property. Over 60 people were entertained to an evening of talks, displays, food and drink. It was an excellent opportunity to explain to people the aims and plans of the group.

On the following day, the 1st April, a visit was made to Brandon Hall that was at one time owned by the Angerstein Family. Our thanks to Henry and Anita de Lotbinierre